Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The World of Slow Down and Lighten Up

So, I'm getting some pretty good sleep, not "working" and all.  However, I'm on that last 2 loads of moving boxes from one storage closet to another.I decided to clean out the boxes thoroughly.  Last time I did that I had several loads of trash, and it appears that I get to have a deja vu.

I've been digging through boxes, and eliminating.  OMG how much trash can I transport from one location to another.  It seems so wasteful to throw certain things away.  For instance old VHS movies, and kiddie DVD's, and old games and game systems that will never see the light of day again.

I did throw the old VHS movies away, but couldn't part with the kiddie DVD's and the old game systems.  I don't believe I've ever seen so much debris.  

I'm procrastinating terribly about getting this done.  I do have a deadline for tomorrow to have this project completed.  Tomorrow my daughter returns from the east coast at around 7:00 p.m.  So tonight I must sleep and get up early.  Early this Christmas break is anywhere from 10:30 to 12:30.  Very weird for me. 

But it's so nice to move just a little slower.  And it's great to get rid of old junk I don't need to lug around anymore.   Mmmmm, sounds like a segue tod discuss different types of baggage.  Which is clever being that the new year is going to be here in another 24 hours.  Lightening up the loads in all areas, and trying not to be to OCD about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment